‘Government is out of control’: Is mRNA developer Dr. Malone right about mandates?
- On December 31, 2021, mRNA developer, Dr. Rober Malone interviewed with podcaster Joe Rogan regarding COVID-19 vaccinations, saying, “Our government is out of control on this. [...] And they are lawless. They completely disregard bioethics. They completely disregard the federal common-rule. They have broken all the rules that I know of, that I’ve been trained [in] for years.”
- YouTube removed the viral interview for violating platform rules, and Twitter suspended Dr. Malone’s account for similar measures. In the podcast, Malone likened vaccine mandates to Nazi Germany as a “mass formation pyschosis.”
- On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a federally-imposed vaccine mandate for over 80 million private sector and federal American workers. Employers with 100+ workers must require vaccination or weekly tests.
- As of January 3, 2022, 205.8 million people have been vaccinated in the United States which is 62% of the population, while 73.3% have had at least one dose.
- Johns Hopkins research shows COVID spikes nationwide have been rising at a higher rate than before the vaccines were available despite more than half the country being fully vaccinated.
Dr. Malone's recent tirade against vaccine mandates is full of incendiary language and complete falsehoods. As a supposed man of science, he should know better than manipulating audiences in such a manner. Malone claimed that the vaccines are experimental, when in fact, they have received full authorization after peer-reviewed research into their efficacy and safety. He also mysteriously brought up the Nuremberg code, suggesting any COVID vaccine mandates are illegal. This is just further material used to excite anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists, which is not surprising considering he unleashed this wave of nonsense on the Joe Rogan podcast rather than a reputable news outlet.
While Dr. Malone is certainly entitled to his opinions about government policies, as a scientist, he should understand the importance of separating science from politics. Dr. Malone is an expert virologist and immunologist, not a public health expert. Just because he claims he invented the mRNA vaccines doesn't mean he has the expertise to speak on the administration and mandating of a mass vaccination program. Further, he is not a constitutional scholar, so his opinions on what government actions are legal should be considered uninformed.
Finally, it has traditionally been the role of the government to put rules and regulations in place to keep the public safe. Past mass vaccination efforts, such as the eradication of polio, have had massive impacts on the health of society. The COVID-19 vaccines have full approval from the FDA following rigorous testing and are highly effective against severe illness and hospitalization. Dr. Malone is wrong to suggest that government mandates of this lifesaving vaccine are out of control.
The US government appears to be out of control. And this is not only a personal opinion but that of the leading expert in the field of viruses. Key developer of the mRNA vaccine technology, Dr. Malone, warns the pandemic still creates havoc in society due to government and media suppression of vaccine alternatives which keeps people from knowing true data around the COVID viruses and alternative treatments. Government authorities downplay discussion about data and have promoted mandated responses to COVID, even as Biden acknowledged that 'there is no federal solution.'
This causes many, like expert Malone, to wonder why political leaders and Big Tech continue to stifle the debate on the virus, especially when the government encouraged vaccine mandates in 2021, which has now turned into pushing continual booster shots. Likewise, Malone has analyzed the available safety data surrounding the vaccines, qualifying him to make these assertions. Malone shows how the government uses the masses as guinea pigs because it has perhaps maliciously ignored COVID data and medical freedom. These vaccines are not actual vaccines since they cannot keep people from catching and spreading the disease. But if they were referred to as what they are--medical therapeutics--people would know it is just one in a wide array of options to combat the virus.
Finally, Malone asserts that pharmaceutical companies have misclassified vaccine effectiveness data, suggesting they are only interested in making money; safety is not a priority. More alarming is that recent data show how recurrent COVID cases occur higher in vaccinated people than unvaccinated people. Instead of mandating vaccines, the government should encourage a better lifestyle that reduces comorbidities.